This procedure is for areas that socket preservation graft was never completed and the bone resorbed or shrunk.
• This procedure is completed by reflecting the gum tissue back, exposing
the bone, placing the bone graft material and a membrane over this graft.
• Either a non-resorbable or resorbable collagen
membrane is placed over the graft then your gum tissue is pulled up and
over the bone graft site and gum tissue is sutured closed.
• This site is allowed to heal for roughly 3-6 months prior to implant
• In some cases a growth factor is utilized to promote
bone growth and healing.
• To replace upper back teeth many times there is deficient bone in the area due to the loss of teeth or the patient's own anatomy.
• Dr. Grimard will open up a small window of bone from the side of your sinus cavity. The membrane that lines the sinus cavity is gently elevated upwards and bone graft material is placed beneath it. We are never actually in the sinus cavity.
• Sometimes Dr. Grimard can place the implant at the same time as the Sinus Augmentation.
* Sometimes placing implants in the upper back tooth position it's indicated that a slight amount of vertical bone height is required with implant placement,
•Vertical Sinus Augmentation gently raises the floor of the sinus with special instruments to add bone graft material and vertical height at the same time as dental implant placement.
Sometimes periodontal disease will result in holes or depressions in the bone around teeth.
After the teeth have been cleaned and sterilized a bone graft can be placed to fill in these holes and depressions.
The purpose of a bone graft is to re-grow the lost bone around these diseased teeth, and gain back the missing support that was lost due to the periodontal disease.
If this is indicated for your treatment Dr. Grimard will have a discussion with you regarding your different bone grafting options.
Keeping You Safe:
An alternative to taking tissue from your palate is to use a type of donor tissue from a tissue bank.
We ONLY utilize tissue that has passed the strictest requirements set by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The donors undergo rigorous screenings to ensure the tissue is completely sterile and is free of all living components.
This tissue acts as a matrix for our body to create its own tissue.
Schedule Your appointment TODAY
Periodontics and Dental Implants would love to meet you and provide you with the highest quality periodontal care!